ENERGY & CHAKRA HEALING
What is Energy Healing and Why Would you have an Energy Healing Session?
Energy healing or balancing is therapeutic and restorative; promoting healing by enhancing the proper flow of energy and correcting disturbances in the human energy field (aura), which permeates and surrounds the body. Contained within the aura are the energetic aspects of every structure and function of the body, as well as everything that we experience, or have experienced (physical sensations, thoughts, feelings, states of consciousness, etc.).
A vital part of the human energy field are the chakras; located where the subtle nerve channels meet and concentrate their energy, and they are responsible for distributing the energy that supports the functioning of the body, mind and emotions. As major centers of energy distribution, the chakras direct the energy which vitalizes the nerves and glands and ultimately all the structures of the body. If there is too much or too little energy flowing through a particular chakra, this has a negative impact on the functions associated with that chakra (read about the functions of the 7 main chakras below).
Clearing and balancing the chakras helps to bring about an optimal flow of energy through each one, and consequently throughout the entire energy field. This creates a balanced and harmonious system in the sense that energy is evenly distributed through the chakras, promoting health on all levels; physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Why Balance the Chakras?
The chakra system is constantly changing in response to the stresses of everyday life and living. Suppose, for example, that you spend many hours doing mental work during the day. This may cause the chakras associated with the functioning of the mind to become over-stimulated because so much energy has been flowing through them. Your mind may become overactive and make it hard to relax or sleep at night. Balancing the chakras involved would help the energy to stop vibrating excessively through the overactive chakras and redistribute it to the other chakras in order to create more equilibrium. More energy directed to the root chakra, for example, would help you to feel more grounded (stable) and bring a sense of calm into your body and your awareness.
In What ways can the Chakras be Balanced?
There are many different methods of balancing the chakras. The most direct and effective way is done through hands-on techniques by someone with specialized training in energy healing. Other techniques include: meditation, visualization, exercise, yoga postures, or particular music, in addition to using crystals, aromas, etc. These methods open the chakras to allow the energy to move through more freely. They do this by clearing energy that may be stuck in the chakras (often referred to as "blocks”). These techniques can also help to repair the structure of damaged chakras.
The Functions of the Chakras Are:
1) Absorb, digest, process, and distribute energy to different parts of the body, including the organs and endocrine system
2) To transmit energy between the auric levels (your own)
3) To send energy to an outside destination (to some other person or place)
3) Activation of other senses—for example, feeling energy with the hands (hand chakras), or clairvoyant development (the third eye)
4) To bring about the development of different aspects of consciousness and to provide us with information about life and our environment
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF EACH MAJOR CHAKRA:
1) First Chakra, also called the Base or Root: physically energizes and strengthens the body and its health directly affects physical well being, correlates to survival issues on different levels, also safety, security and stability. This chakra can affect the adrenals, kidneys, bladder, low back, and large intestine.
Predominant color: Red
2) Second Chakra, also called the Sacral or Navel: actively involved in all forms of intimacy, relationship, emotions, passion, and, frequently for women, their creativity. This chakra can affect the reproductive system, bladder, small intestine, and the hips.
Predominant color: Orange
3) Third Chakra, also called the Solar Plexus: influences issues of self-empowerment, personal will and protection. This chakra can affect the liver, stomach, pancreas, gall bladder, and spleen. It is the bridge between the upper and lower chakras and is generally involved in all physical and emotional disturbances anywhere in the body. Clearing and energizing this center can strengthen the whole body.
Predominant color: Yellow
4) Fourth Chakra, the Heart: the seat of unconditional or spiritual love, and self-love. This chakra can affect the physical heart, lungs, and the thymus (which influences the immune system).
Predominant colors: Green and Rose
5) Fifth Chakra, the Throat: controls communication, creativity, and often the will. This chakra can affect the thyroid, parathyroid, and the throat.
Predominant colors: Aqua or Sky Blue
6) Sixth Chakra, also called the Third eye or Ajna: responsible for development of intuition and clairvoyance. This chakra can affect the eyes, nose, brain, pituitary, and the pineal gland.
Predominant color: Indigo
7) Seventh Chakra, the Crown: your connection to Spirit and Universal Energy, and one of the centers used for telepathic healing. This chakra can affect the brain and the pineal gland. Energizing this center will cause energy to flow to other parts of the body.
Predominant colors: White or Violet